The Battle of Verneuil 17 August 1424

The Battle of Verneuil 17th August



1424


Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Gripping Beast Late Roman/Justinian/Heraclian Byzantine Army For Sale

A bit of a change.......

Hi,
This army has won "Best Painted Army" at a couple of events. All the miniatures are very well painted and are of a high standard. The army was all painted within three weeks before one of the WAB events (Beyond the Golden Gate organised by the guys at Gripping Beast and hosted at GWHQ if anyone's interested?). As such, the army is not in my usual painting style but that's not to say that a great deal of man hours have not been spent painting the army- rather, I just dropped everything and spent three weeks painting it up.

I'm looking for £800 for the whole army as one job lot. I can deliver the army to Cold Steel at Gripping Beast HQ or arrangements can be made to post the army- which will of course be very well 'wrapped up' and I can get a quote on the postage as soon as I have a prospective buyer. As well as posting to the UK I'm happy to send the army overseas (Japan, USA, Europe etc) but as it's such a large consignement I would insist on the army being insured which the buyer would have to pay.

Cavalry mini's work out at £15 per figure and Infantry at £4. (Skirmishers are free)

If you're interested please PM me or send an e-mail to:
darrell.hindley@googlemail.com

Here's what you would be getting for  your money:

Late Roman Comitatus:



Late Roman Bucellarii Unit 1:




Late Roman Bucellarii Unit 2:




Hun Horse Archers Unit 1:




Hun Horse Archers Unit 2:




Late Roman Infantry and Archers:




Late Roman Skirmishers:




Thanks for taking a look chaps/chapesses :O)

8 comments:

  1. Very nice looking army !!!

    Good luck with the selling !

    best regards dalauppror

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really nice painted units Darell !

    I'm glad to see a bit of news on this blog ;)

    J-B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to do a double take when I saw something on your blog. However, it seems your selling more stuff. Are you getting out of the hobby? I sincerely hope not as your a very talented figure painter and I'll miss seeing your figures and reading your opinion on various subjects.

    Of course the army looks brill and I think you shouldn't have to much trouble selling it. Good luck!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking troops Darrell, the cavalry is particularly spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really brilliant work - a centerpiece in anyone's collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind comments guys,

    The army has now been sold.

    @Chris, not out of the hobby. I just haven't been very well. I'll be back :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really glad to hear that Darrell and I hope you get better.

    All the best
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back Darrell

    ReplyDelete